"Pinteresting Things" is a weekly segment focusing on things of interest from the popular social media site Pinterest.
Fox 16 Producer Shealyn Sowers loves to do these presentations for Good Day.
Today she's found an easy-to-make snack for St. Patrick's Day. It's leprechaun hats.
To make these Leprechaun Hats you will need:
- White Cheese (such as Provolone)
1. Take your cucumber and cut one inch cylinders (approximately). One cylinder will make two hats.
2. Stand your cucumber cylinders straight up and cut down the middle. Lay them flat, cut side down. Those will be the tops of your Leprechaun hats.
3. With the rest of your cucumber cut some cucumber sticks, slightly larger than your cylinders. Those will be the lip of your hats. (cut a cucumber cylinder larger than your top hat cylinders. Cut those in half, and then cut to make cucumber sticks).
4. With your small square cutter cut a few few squares out of yellow bell pepper.
5. With a knife cut some strips of cheese. I just eyeballed it--there really is no need to be precise. If it is too long you can always cut it shorter :)
6. Assemble the hats: You need half a cucumber cylinder, one cucumber stick, one yellow bell pepper square and one piece of cheese. You can use a little bit of honey or agave nectar to "glue" down the cheese and bell pepper, if desired. I used a toothpick and dabbed some honey where the cheese was going to be place.Click here
for more information.