The Emmy winner is the latest addition to Fox's comedy slate as a new series regular on Breaking In, which returns for a second season in March immediately following, you guessed it, New Girl. Mullally was joined on the panel by co-star Christian Slater, Deschanel and New Girl creator Liz Meriwether and Raising Hope's Martha Plimpton and Garrett Dillahunt with creator Greg Garcia. Funny group, right? Here are the 8 most important (and hilarious) things they said:
1. It's no coincidence that Zooey and Emily Deschanel are both on the Fox Network. When asked what cereal she ate growing up, Deschanel answered (the made-up) Fox cereal, with "like, little foxes." Breakfast of (Hollywood) champions!
2. Speaking of Emily... Deschanel said that she "worships" her big sister, "but not in a weird way." She then joked that her trailer is wallpapered with pictures of Emily. Healthy!
3. Don't tick off Martha Plimpton! After a reporter claimed in her question that Raising Hope "had a slow start," Plimpton took exception and mocked the reporter for not having her facts straight. "Don't ask Plimpton anything - she'll bite your head off," she later said.
4. Christian Slater really likes fairy tales. Slater compared his most recent career moves — he starred on NBC's My Own Worst Enemy and ABC's The Forgotten — to Goldilocks trying on different networks instead of different beds. After finding the right fit at Fox, he tried to remain positive about Breaking In, despite the fact that Fox did not immediately renew it. "It's like when Tinkerbell was dying and Peter Pan was saying, 'Do you believe in fairies?'" "It's like, 'I do believe; I do believe!'"
5. Zooey Deschanel really loves Ricky Gervais. The Golden Globe-nominated actress is probably the only celebrity attending who is hoping to get roasted by brutal returning host Ricky Gervais. "I worship Ricky Gervais," she said. "Him insulting me is like the best compliment I could possibly get."
6. Megan Mullally has a very strict" work ethic. When asked about her Breaking In character, the new boss Ronnie, Mullally admitted that she only knew so much since she had just started shooting Saturday. "I just pulled it right out of my a-- yesterday morning," she said with a laugh. "Got to the set and thought,' I gotta think of something.'"
7. Girl's aren't the only ones who like seeing Schmidt (Max Greenfield) naked: Garcia's son, for one, thinks New Girl is "the funniest show on television" — a proclamation that didn't sit well with his TV producer dad. "Alright, first of all, f--- you," Garcia jokingly recalls telling the 11-year-old. In particular, Garcia says his son thinks Schmdit's tiny nipples are hilarious. Do with that what you will.
8. Coming up on a very special episode of Breaking In... Dillahunt says that he doesn't miss playing the tough guy. "I don't understand actors who don't want to appear weak onscreen," he said with a laugh. "All that raping and murdering is exhausting," his on-screen wife joked.
Related Articles on TVGuide.com
Other Links From TVGuide.com