HOT SPRINGS, AR - The 2013 Miss Arkansas is Amy Crain.
Crain, 23, of Hot Springs, competed in the pageant as Miss Diamond Lakes.
The University of Arkansas graduate will represent the state at the Miss America pageant in Atlantic City, New Jersey in September.
In addition to the crown, Crain took home the Buddy Coleman Memorial Overall Talent Award, as well as the Overall Dance Award.
Crain's personal platform is Bullying: Prevention and Recovery.
Leading up to Saturday night's finals, Crain had won the Preliminary Artistic Expression in Talent Award Thursday night, performing a contemporary clogging routine to “GameTime.”
Other Top 5 finishers were:
- 1st Runner Up - Tracy Neal, 23, Miss Heart of the Ozarks, $8,000 Scholarship
- 2nd Runner Up - Abby Lindsey, 20, Miss Ouachita River, $7,000 Scholarship. She also won Miss Congeniality.
- 3rd Runner Up - Kiley Jane Wright, 22, Miss Ouachita Baptist University, $6,000 Scholarship
- 4th Runner Up - Lauren Howell, 23, Miss University of Central Arkansas, $5,000 Scholarship
Rounding out the Top 10 were:
- Somer Allen, 24, Miss River Delta
- Brooke Ault, 23, Miss Greater Little Rock
- Klancy Johnson, 22, Miss Texarkana
- Riley Snell, 20, Miss Northwest Arkansas
- Jennifer Ulloa, 19, Miss Northeast Arkansas
This year’s marked the 76th Miss Arkansas Pageant and was themed “Girls Run the World.”
The 45 contestants competed for almost $80,000 in college and university scholarship funds.
In an interesting side note, this year's Miss New Jersey is a native of Forrest City. Cara McCollum, 21, who attends Princeton University, won the title in June.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.