Update: SWAT Standoff in Little Rock

Update (Aug. 10):
LITTLE ROCK, AR - Police are still looking for a man who was thought to have been hiding out in an abandoned house after a Sunday night domestic incident.

Details not available until this morning were revealed in the release of the police report on the case.

Officers were called to a home in the 700 block of S. Valentine St. around 7:40 after a 32-year-old woman reported her boyfriend had assaulted her.

Police have named the suspect as Jasper Dean Goodwin, Jr., 20, of Little Rock. He faces charges of aggravated assault, terroristic threatening, and domestic battery.

The victim told police the man came to her mother's house demanding to use her cell phone and became enraged when she refused to give him the phone.

Police say the woman told officers that she ran outside when she thought Goodwin was going to hit her. The woman said he then grabbed her arm, pushed her against a tree and slammed her face into the tree. He then reportedly showed her a handgun and said he was going to kill her. The woman got away from him and ran into her mother's home. 
She told police Goodwin then ran into a vacant house two houses down.

Officers surrounded the house and called for a SWAT team. They searched the house but the man was not inside.

According to the incident report, the woman had only minor injuries.

Original story (Aug. 9):
LITTLE ROCK, AR -- Little Rock SWAT officers broke through the door of an abandoned house looking for a suspect in the 700 block of S. Valentine St. Sunday night.

The suspect had not yet been found at last report.

Authorities say a woman called police around 7:30 p.m. saying she got into an argument with a male associate who discharged his weapon before running into an abandoned house.

Since that 7:30 call, there's been a standoff with SWAT officers.

Lt. Sidney Allen confirmed SWAT team members were negotiating with the suspect, trying to get him out of the house.

Police said the suspect is a man in his 20's and they had identified him, but were not yet releasing his name.

Officers do not consider him a danger to the public, but advise people to stay away from the area.

More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News