LITTLE ROCK, AR (News release) - The Department of Human Services announced that Faulkner County is eligible to receive SNAP Disaster Assistance under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, authorized by The Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Services, as a result of the April 27, 2014 severe storms and tornadoes.
Any household within Faulkner County at the time of the April 27th severe storms and tornadoes that suffered disaster losses may be eligible to receive DSNAP assistance. D-SNAP extends benefits to many households that would not ordinarily qualify but suddenly need food assistance because of a disaster. D-SNAP benefits are provided via an electronic debit-like card and can be used to purchase food items at authorized retailers.
Faulkner County residents who experienced at least one of the following conditions as a direct result of the April 27, 2014 storms and tornadoes may be eligible:
- Damage to or destruction of the home or self-employment business.
- Loss or inaccessibility of income including a reduction or termination of income or a significant delay in receiving income due to disaster related problems.
- Disaster-related expenses (home or business repairs, temporary shelter, evacuation, etc.) that are not expected to be reimbursed during the disaster benefit period.
Residents seeking DSNAP may apply Monday, May 12th through Sunday May 18th and must have lived in the disaster area at the time of the storms & must have suffered loss or damages.
DSNAP applications may be taken at the following locations:
- SNAP Mobile Enrollment Unit located at the Faulkner County DHS Ofc, 1000 E. Siebenmorgen Rd, Conway.
- SNAP Mobile Enrollment Unit located at the Mayflower Disaster Recovery Center, 600 Hwy 365, Mayflower.
- SNAP Mobile Enrollment Unit located at the Vilonia Disaster Recovery Center, 1122 Main Street, Vilonia.
The Faulkner County DHS Office will be a back-up site to help with any congestion or weather related issues.