FAULKNER COUNTY, AR (News release) - Residents who wish for the county to dispose of tornado debris should place the debris on the public right-of-way in front of their property for county pick-up.
Residents opting for roadside pick-up must separate debris into 6 categories:
- Vegetative debris (tree limbs, shrubs. etc.)
- Construction/Demolition debris
- White goods (appliances, etc.)
- E-goods (TV's, electronics)
- Household hazardous garbage (cleaning solutions, automotive chemicals, etc.)
- Normal household garbage (County will not pick up normal household garbage when removing storm debris)
Please DO NOT:
- Burn debris - it releases toxins such as arsenic into the air.
- Cover or impeded access to utility meters or mail boxes.
If the resident chooses to dispose of debris by other means (hiring a contractor, self hauling, etc.), do not place debris on the right-of-way. The cost of disposal is typically included in contract pricing and a landfill will typically charge for disposal.
There are two types of Federal Assistance currently available
1. FEMA provides short term financial assistance for residents to secure shelter and clean-up. This is the Federal Government's means of giving immediate assistance. Businesses do not qualify for FEMA assistance. Individuals do.
2. U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides low interest loans with no cost to apply to homeowners and renters as well as business owners. SBA can even provide funds to cover working capitol operating expenses while businesses re-establish their operations. Lots of people who would not qualify for most loans may still qualify for SBA disaster loans.
THE DEADLINE FOR SBA LOAN APPLICATION FOR PHYSICAL LOSSES IS JUNE 30
3. If a resident applies for but does not qualify for an SBA loan, more FEMA assistance may be available by calling 3362/TTY (800) 462-7585
Former CIA Director John Brennan is "deeply saddened and angered" at…
New Jersey Democratic Sen. Cory Booker said Saturday he is not…
"That's what you guys should be writing and covering," new White…