LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - The exit ramp to Cantrell Road off the Broadway Bridge officially opened this morning, just in time for rush hour.
Officials with the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD) say the work was completed Friday (two days before the deadline) but the ramp could not be opened over the weekend because Cantrell Road was closed for Riverfest.
Work continues on the new bridge and its features:
- The much-anticipated pedestrian walkway that crosses the Arkansas River on the east side of the structure remains closed while the contractor utilizes the space to complete work on both sides of the river, including installation of a small truss bridge on the Little Rock side. Estimated completion of the pedestrian walkway – which connects to the Arkansas River Trail – is anticipated sometime later this summer.
- The bridge is still in the process of being painted.
- Power to the south arch of the bridge still has to be hooked up and powered by Entergy. This includes power to the bridge's street lights. The north arch of the bridge is powered by NLR Electric and is already hooked up.
- By the end of the month of June, three of the four access points will open on the pedestrian pathway. (Two are on the North Little Rock side, and one is on the Little Rock side).
- The pedestrian ramp on the Little Rock side that accesses the Little Rock Rivertrail won’t open until the fall. They have to install a small bridge to the Rivertrail and redo the Rivertrail on the Little Rock side that was torn up during construction.
Tropical Storm Cindy made landfall Thursday in southwestern…
LITTLE ROCK, Ark.-- As parts of the state deal with flash flooding…
10th Judicial District Drug Task Force Agents said former Drew County…