LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Little Rock's 40th Annual Riverfest is this weekend, June 1-4, and a new event debuts Friday, June 2.
It's called the Riverfest Pic Nic -- a free-admission lunch featuring local vendors.
The event kicks off Riverfest weekend with free Silks Sliders from Oaklawn Gaming and a free commemorative Riverfest button. Food from local vendors will be available for purchase, rides will be open and you can exchange admission tickets for wristbands early to avoid lines later.
You do not need a Riverfest pass to get in to this event -- it's open to the public. However, you do need to purchase food items using "Riverbucks."
The event runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, June 2, 2017.
Riverfest Weekend events:
- The events kick-off Thursday, June 1, from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. with "Flowing on the River", a party featuring tastings of hundreds of wines & local craft beers, great food & live music. Flowing on the River is a separately ticketed event.
- Riverfest Pic Nic is a free lunch event with rides that will take place ahead of the concert performances Friday, June 2, from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- The two-day music festival will take place Friday & Saturday, June 2 and 3, with all your festival favorites from great food, arts & crafts, special attractions and the best live music on the banks of the Arkansas River.
- The weekend will conclude Sunday, June 4, with a 40th anniversary celebration for the community. Ticket holders to the music festival will gain free admission to all the fun activities on Sunday. Those who have not purchased tickets to the music festival can still attend the Sunday celebration for $5 at the gate.
- The largest fireworks display in the state will conclude Sunday's celebration. The fireworks will light up the skies at 9 p.m.
A Little Rock couple wants answer from the city after they said they…
Protesters outside Sen. Tom Cotton's Little Rock office only get…
Major changes are potentially on the way to downtown Hot Springs as…