FOX16.com

Christmas morning fire at the Peabody

A kitchen fire at the Peabody Hotel Christmas morning caused an estimated $1 million worth of damage, according to the Little Rock Fire Department.
LITTLE ROCK, AR – A kitchen fire at the Peabody Hotel Christmas morning caused an estimated $1 million worth of damage, according to the Little Rock Fire Department.

LRFD says a boiler in the kitchen caught fire around 8am. The fire then spread through the ventilation system up into the roof. Nobody was injured in the fire.

Bruce Skidmore, Peabody director of sales and marketing, says the hotel will operate without its bars and restaurant until Wednesday. Skidmore expects the bars to open around 2pm and the restaurant to open at 6pm, pending approval of the Department of Health.

Skidmore says the fire forced the cancellation of the hotel’s planned Christmas brunch.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Weather Right Now

58°F
Mostly Cloudy
High: 59°F
Low: 53°F

7 day forecast