The North Little Rock Police Department reports crime is dropping in the city.
New numbers comparing 2012 to 2011 show a decrease in overall crime by 2.5-percent, but an increase in two areas: breaking or entering to vehicles and residential burglaries to buildings.
Violent crime last year decreased by 11.39-percent, including:
- Homicides dropped 10-percent
- Robberies down 7.5-percent
- Aggravated assaults fell 12.6-percent
The North Little Rock Police Department reminds citizens to:
- Report any suspicious activity in their neighborhoods.
- Not only lock vehicles but remove all valuables. Over 90-percent of thefts from vehicles are a result of doors being left unlocked.
- Record serial numbers on all valuables within their home; including firearms, electronics, and other valuables.
There are 192 police officers and 36 civilians on the force at the North Little Rock Police Department. They provide police services for 62,000 citizens.