|Updated: 8/03/2012 4:50 pm
||Published: 8/03/2012 12:58 pm
HOT SPRINGS, AR – The J&S Italian Villa in Hot Springs is a total loss after a fire collapsed its roof Friday, according to the Hot Spring Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the restaurant, which is located on Central Ave next to Lake Hamilton, just after noon on Friday. An owner’s wife tells Fox 16 that her husband was in the restaurant around noon when he smelled smoke coming from the kitchen.
Firefighters arrived to find the restaurant filled with smoke. Firefighters say the fire got into the Vent-A-Hood and then up into the attic. The roof caught fire and would eventually collapse into the building.
The restaurant was closed at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.
J&S Italian Villa has 22 employees.