LITTLE ROCK, AR - Looking for a place to watch fireworks this year?
The list below shows some of the fireworks still taking place in Arkansas. Note that some displays will happen before and after July 4th. Times are subject to change.In and around Little Rock
- Pops on the River: On July 4th, the Riverfront Park will host its annual 4th of July Celebration. So, bring your blankets and lawn chairs because the gates open at 5:30 p.m. There will be music at 6:30p.m and fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. The Arkansas symphony plays patriotic music to go along with the display. There are also other activities and a marketplace. It is a free event on July 4th.
- Maumelle Celebration: Wednesday, July 4 2012 Maumelle will have a parade, carnival rides, a concert and a fireworks display at Lake Willastein. Fireworks start after the band; the band starts at 9:30 p.m.
- Sherwood's 4th of July Family Celebration: On July 4th, the Sherwood Forest will host its 4th of July Celebration from 6-9:00 p.m. There will be free food, entertainment and activities. The event will end with a fireworks display. There will be a free shuttle service from Sylvan Hills High School parking lot.
- Arkansas Queen Cruise: See the fireworks from the river on the Arkansas Queen. Its July 4th, 501-372-5777.
- Cabot: Red, Hot and Blue, Cabot's July 4th Celebration, kicks off at 7:30pm on July 4th. The City of Cabot fireworks show will take place at 9:00pm. There will be free popcorn and drinks will be sold for $1, with all proceeds going to benefit the Backpack for Kids program.
- 4th of July Celebration: This event will be at the Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Regional Park. Food and beverage vendors will open at 3pm. The band will start at 7pm, followed by Southeast Arkansas’s largest display of fireworks at 9:05pm. Admission is free. For more information you can call 870-536-7600 or go to www.pineblufffestival.org
In and around Fayetteville
- Uptown Fayetteville Freedom Fireworks Display: Wednesday, July 4 at the Northwest Arkansas Mall, the city of Fayetteville will host its Fourth July Celebration. Daytime activities include a fashion show and an ice cream eating contest inside the mall. Boom Kinetic and Singing Men of Arkansas will perform outside the mall beginning at 6pm and fireworks display will begin around 9:15pm. All indoor activities will begin at 2pm. For information you can go to www.northwestarkansasmall.com
Around Garland County and Hot Springs
- 4th of July Fireworks-2012 Brady Mountain Resort: Saturday, July 7 the Brady Mountain Resort will host its 4th July Firework display over Lake Ouachita. The event will be at Lake Ouachita in Royal and begin at dusk. For more information you can call 501-767-3422.
- The Mayor’s 4th of July Celebration: On Wednesday, July 4 Harry E. Kelley Park will host the annual Fourth of July celebration. The event begins at Noon and will last until 11pm with a fireworks display after sundown. There will be music and tons of activities for both the family and kids to enjoy. For more information you can call 479-784-1001 or go to www.fortsmith.org
- Cherokee Park on July 4th. Activities begin at 5PM with a Blackhawk helicopter flying in courtesy of the AR National Guard 77th aviation unit. Live music, children's activities. Fireworks begin at 9pm. Free admission. Bring coolers, picnic baskets, and lawn chairs but no outside fireworks allowed.