LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor says he's no longer blocking the Treasury Department's nominees after the agency reached an agreement with an Arkansas couple who received disaster aid the Federal Emergency Management Agency now calls improper.
Pryor announced Wednesday that the couple and the department had reached a settlement over the money. Pryor said details of the agreement were private.
Pryor last week vowed to block votes on nominees until the department stopped trying to collect money from the couple, who received more than $27,000 after a 2008 flood.
He says the case was referred to the Treasury Department for collection and the couple owed $37,000 after penalties and interest.
Pryor released holds on two of seven nominees after the department suspended collection efforts.
©2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.