|Updated: 3/25/2012 5:20 pm
||Published: 3/24/2012 6:02 pm
LITTLE ROCK, AR -- Arkansas Children's Hospital hosted an adult burn retreat Saturday aimed at helping victims cope.
Roddy Smith was injured 14 years ago while digging a propane tank.
"It ruptured and it still had propane in it when it exploded," said Smith.
He survived with support from his family. But some people don't have friends or close relatives.
"A lot of these adults have to go back home and they are very much on their own. They have to deal with their scars and injuries without any support whatsoever," said ACH registered nurse Gretta Wilkinson.
Planners say they hope to have events like this in the spring and fall.
"Life changes a little bit. Life is different, but it still goes on," said Smith.
For more information on the program, call the ACH Burn Center at 501-364-4000.