|Updated: 3/14/2012 7:25 pm
||Published: 3/14/2012 7:24 pm
BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) - A prosecutor in northwest Arkansas says he plans to seek the death penalty for a former death row inmate whose conviction was overturned because one juror slept and another tweeted during court proceedings.
Prosecutor Van Stone says Wednesday that he plans to pursue the death penalty in the retrial of 26-year-old Erickson Dimas-Martinez.
Dimas-Martinez was convicted in 2010 in the shooting death of a 17-year-old. He was sentenced to death, but the Arkansas Supreme Court overturned his conviction last year.
Dimas-Martinez appeared in court for a hearing Wednesday. He's being held without bond at the Benton County jail and has another court date on April 30.
One of his lawyers, Katherine Streett, says he had previously pleaded not guilty.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)