|Updated: 3/25/2012 6:31 pm
||Published: 3/25/2012 6:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, AR - Children and candles are the cause of an early morning house fire Sunday, according to the Little Rock Fire Department. The family dog died in the fire.
Firefighters were called out to a home on 2704 South Van Buren at 4am. LRFD says the family had just moved into the home and had yet to transfer electrical service, so the mom was using candles to light the home. The mom tells investigators that she put out the candles before going to bed, but one of the children re-lit a candle and that started the fire.
The mom and her 3 children were able to get out of the home, the family dog did not.
LRFD estimates the home sustained about $3,500 worth of damage.