Fire in Alexander started by coals from grill
|Updated: 10/27/2012 6:16 pm
||Published: 10/27/2012 6:14 pm
A grilled dinner last night costs a family in Alexander their home today.
Firefighters say the homeowner grilled on the wood deck last night and when she went to clean up it today, the grill tipped over spilling out coals.
The coals came in contact with a gas can under the deck and ignited.
The fire spread through the deck and into the mobile home.
No one in the trailer was hurt but a firefighter with Alexander Fire Department did go to the hospital with chest pains. His condition is not known.
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.