Girl caught in fire at home

Girl caught in fire at home

Summarh Boykins says her quiet Friday night at home on Monica Drive quickly took a different turn around 7 o'clock.
LITTLE ROCK, AR -- Summarh Boykins says her quiet Friday night at home on Monica Drive quickly took a different turn around 7 o'clock.

She says a tree fell on a power line, sparking a small fire at her home.

"I hear snap, crackle, pop and then ran," said Boykins.

She went straight towards a phone to call for help and her mom.

"I was afraid for my daughter because she was at home by herself and I was grateful to the neighbors who were out and able to call 911," said Angela Johnson.

Entergy did arrive to fix the problem. The homeowner says most of the damage is in the laundry room.

Although Boykins can't go back home, she is thankful the incident is under control.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus