|Updated: 4/30/2012 11:41 pm
||Published: 4/30/2012 10:49 pm
Monday night, Members of Occupy Little Rock decided for the second time in a week to hold off on making plans on how to handle their eviction. This, after marching in protest from the Occupy Little Rock camp to City Hall Monday afternoon.
Occupy members now say that talks with the City of Little Rock are breaking down. Right now, OLR has until May 16 to leave its camp.
Dressed in ponchos, Occupy Little Rock members marched through downtown Little Rock Monday afternoon snarling traffic and getting the attention of onlookers. Everything went smoothly for the first few minutes, until a Little Rock police officer cited Greg Deckleman for walking in the street instead of on the sidewalk.
"I walked around the tree and the parked car went back towards the sidewalk, crossed the crosswalk, and when I got to the other side the officer motioned for me to come across the street," says Deckleman.
Deckleman said he could not fit the flag he was holding under a hotel awning. Deckleman adds that he plans on pleading not guilty to his citation in court.
Monday, Deckleman also revealed 55 minutes of talks with Mayor Mark Stodola didn't go anywhere.
"We're protesting our disgust with how the negotiations with the city have gone and have essentially broken down at this point. We have answered all of their concerns as to why, where we can go and in what manner and so forth, and they keep telling us no," he says.
The group now has a little more than two weeks to figure out where to move next as it faces eviction and Monday, for the first time, revealed where it could go.
"Possibly even a private space, a building of some supporter of ours that comes forward with a private property," said Deckleman.
One option the group talked about at its General Assembly meeting Monday night included a piece of land near MacArthur Park in Little Rock.
The City of Little Rock's spokesperson told FOX16 Monday that nothing has changed since last week, and the May 16 deadline still stands.