|Updated: 6/20/2012 5:44 pm
||Published: 6/20/2012 10:03 am
LITTLE ROCK, AR – Residents are moving back into the Plaza Towers apartment high rise just a week and half after a fire killed one person, but some residents say they’re not ready to step back inside.
The Little Rock Fire Department says it still does not have a cause of the deadly fire.
Despite that management at Plaza Towers says it’s safe for residents to come back.
For the last 10 days, home has been a Red Cross Shelter.
For Ricky Jones and a handful of other Plaza Towers residents, they are moving again.
The flames from the apartment fire killed a woman last week, and forced 200 residents from the nine story tower out, scattered throughout the city.
It’s moving day for Tariq Fergurson too, but with four small children, he's looking elsewhere.
“I can’t live another night in there without knowing the cause,” Fegurson said. “You know I’ll go collect some stuff and go stay with someone anywhere I can, probably a hotel just to feel that security."
And Ricky Jones is back and ready to get back to his home and his life.
“All these days not knowing where you’re going to sleep, eat, it’s been hectic,” Jones said.
Representatives of the Arkansas Rice Depot spent Wednesday evening handing out food boxes, providing an easy meal to returning residents focused on moving back in.