Searcy loses part of identity with Yarnell's gone
Searcy Mayor David Morris says the immediate closing of the Yarnell's ice cream plant is "devastating" to the region. Not only are 200 jobs lost, but also a part of the community's identity. While Yarnell's wasn't the city's largest employer, it could be argued that it churned out Searcy's best-known export.
Click here to read the full story.
Thank you for being a part of the FOX16.com community! Everyone is invited and encouraged to comment here but comments containing the following will be removed:
1. Racist or bigoted slurs
2. Abusive, off-topic, or foul language
3. Slander, defamation, and personal attacks
4. Spam or advertising
5. Advocating or celebrating the death, illness, or misfortune of any person, public figure or otherwise
6. Comments posted with the explicit intention of provoking others
7. Content that may infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of others or other applicable laws or regulations.
The links below are paid advertisements. FOX16 is not responsible for their content.