FOX16.com

Trash fire burns down neighbors house

An unattended trash fire burned down a house in Southwest Little Rock on Saturday, according to the Little Rock Fire Department.
LITTLE ROCK, AR -- Heavy smoke covered a Little Rock home on Castle Valley Saturday afternoon. The blaze comes a day after crews had to shut down a portion of I-430 Friday because of similar conditions.

Firefighters say a man burning trash caused the blaze to spread to a nearby home and then to an outdoor shed.

Witnesses quickly called 911 and then tried to save the home.

"We immediately tried to get a water hose and the water hose was too short. So we get couldn't any water on the fire," said witness Layton Sparks.

Firefighters say the wind caused a lot of issues fighting the problem because it dried the grass and vegetation. So by the time the fire would be put out, the home is a loss.

"Be extremely careful grilling outside or disposing of any cigarettes or anything. Don't put anything in the grass," said Little Rock Fire Captain Jason Weaver.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Weather Right Now

63°F
Partly Cloudy
High: 63°F
Low: 51°F

7 day forecast