|Updated: 3/04/2012 10:46 am
||Published: 3/03/2012 5:15 pm
LITTLE ROCK, AR -- Heavy smoke covered a Little Rock home on Castle Valley Saturday afternoon. The blaze comes a day after crews had to shut down a portion of I-430 Friday because of similar conditions.
Firefighters say a man burning trash caused the blaze to spread to a nearby home and then to an outdoor shed.
Witnesses quickly called 911 and then tried to save the home.
"We immediately tried to get a water hose and the water hose was too short. So we get couldn't any water on the fire," said witness Layton Sparks.
Firefighters say the wind caused a lot of issues fighting the problem because it dried the grass and vegetation. So by the time the fire would be put out, the home is a loss.
"Be extremely careful grilling outside or disposing of any cigarettes or anything. Don't put anything in the grass," said Little Rock Fire Captain Jason Weaver.