LITTLE ROCK, AR - The Arkansas State Fairgrounds is gearing up for the Big Buck Classic.
This is the 24th year for the 3-day event which kicks off on Friday, Jan. 24.
It's billed as the largest hunting event in Arkansas and is also one of the largest shows of its type in the southern United States. It offers more attractions, more displays, more vendors and more deer antlers in one building than can be found at any show in many states.
The event is a tribute to the Arkansas hunter and continues to showcase big deer* from around the state year after year.
The classic offers a place for outdoorsmen to observe the hunting successes from different parts of the state, and provides a place to display each hunter's deer for all to see.
Show Hours (All gates open, free parking):
Friday, Jan. 24, 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 25, 9 a.m - 9 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 26, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 27, 4 p.m.
Arkansas Knifemakers Association Demonstrations:
Friday, 3 p.m. & 6 p.m.
Saturday, Noon, 3 p.m. & 6 p.m.
Sunday, 1 p.m.
Kids under 5 ~ FREE
Kids 5-12 ~ $5.00
Adults ~ $10.00
- Joe Martin Snakes of Texas along with Doug Dugger and friends with their amazing rattlesnake handling. Click here to watch a preview video.
- Live deer
- Team Bowmasters Indoor Bow Shoot
- Monster Whitetails of Arkansas. Click here for website.
- Arkansas Game & Fish Aquarium. Click here for more information.
- A Climbing Wall
- Special awards for contest deer
- Largest deer from each county plaque
- Bwana Jims Live Animal Kids Show (Arts & Crafts Building)
- Donald Reinhardt's Animal Adventure will be bringing a bear cub, 3 tiger cubs, a lion cub and alligators for pictures with the kids
- Natural State Clubhouse - hosted by the 4-H Center, the Clubhouse features free hands-on activities for kids. Archery, ATV safety, BB shoot, tree ID, animal skins, skulls and tracks, STEM (science, technolocy, engineering and math) activities.
Members of the Arkansas Knifemakers Association will give knife forging, grinding, and cutting demonstrations. (The State of Arkansas has more Master Knifesmiths than any other state in the Union).
*The overall winner will receive a Bad Boy Buggy.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.