LITTLE ROCK, AR (News release) - The Arkansas Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (ARVOAD) is conducting a one-day assistance event from noon to 8 p.m., Friday (June 6) at the First Assembly of God Church, 851 Main Street (Highway 64) in Vilonia, to offer services to those affected by the April 27 tornadoes.
Services that will be offered include:
- Distribution of disaster food boxes, water, other non-perishable food items
- Crisis counseling
- Help with disaster debris removal
- Visa Gift cards, Walmart gift cards
- Information on individual assistance
- Information from the Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Disaster Legal Services (FEMA)
- Financial help to veterans and military personnel (requires a military ID) and Financial recovery assistance
The following organizations are participating in this event: Arkansas Baptist State Convention/Disaster Relief, Arkansas Crisis Response Team, Arkansas Episcopal Disaster Relief Team, Arkansas Foodbank Network, American Red Cross, Arkansas Rice Depot, Catholic Charities of Arkansas, Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, The Salvation Army, United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), Operation Homefront and Operation Hope.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.