Department: Creative Services
Reports To: Creative Services Director
Posting Dates: 12-11-13 to 2-11-14
Essential duties & responsibilities:
1. Produces commercial and promotional video for broadcast
2. Communicates with clients to develop a production plan
3. Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, shooting sequences, desired effects, and shot
4. Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
5. Writes, edits, and creates accompanying graphics.
6. Maintains video equipment.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. College degree or related experience in broadcasting.
2. Fluency in English.
3. Excellent communication / grammar skills, both oral and written.
4. Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
5. Proficiency in non-linear editing (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, and/or AVID), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe
After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, and with other video equipment.
6. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Commercial Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Commercial Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have any questions, contact Terri Bush, Director Human Resources
Apply online at www.nexstar.tv