Lonoke Man Charged with Murder in Woman's Disappearance

Lonoke Man Charged with Murder in Woman's Disappearance

Dennis Harrington, 41, tied to Rebecca Lauer case.
Rebecca Lauer
Rebecca Lauer
LONOKE, AR - A local man is behind bars for the killing of a woman who was reported missing last year.

Dennis Harrington, 41, is charged with capital murder and abuse of a corpse in the Rebecca Lauer case.

Lauer, 36, was last seen on Clay Hill Rd. back in July.

The Lonoke County Sheriff's Office (LCSO) says the arrest warrant was served on Harrington Jan. 17 at the LCSO.

Harrington was already imprisoned in the Arkansas Department of Correction on a parole revocation due to previous charges filed against him during the investigation. 

Harrington's detailed arrest affidavit contains the following information:
  • Lauer had filed a report on Harrington in April claiming that he had physically abused her
  • Lauer's mother reported her missing on July 28. She said a check of her cell phone records showed her phone stopped working on July 21.
  • Harrington was interviewed on August 1 and denied any involvement in her disappearance. He said when they woke up July 21 they first decided to go to church before changing their minds. Harrington said he then went to a friend's home alone and when he got back home, Lauer had left a note dated July 19 that read: "Keep building! I Love you, DH, Booboo, My Goober...Yours Completely Your Sweet Heart."
The affidavit also contains reports about what happened to Lauer from three different individuals.
  • One of them first told investigators in Sept. he knew nothing about the case before changing his story and claiming that he saw Lauer on July 21 with Harrington. He said Lauer had been beaten and was handcuffed early in the day and when he saw her later at Harrington's house on Clay Hill Rd., she was dead. He claimed he helped Harrington start a fire in the backyard where Lauer's body was burned.
  • The other two individuals with information about Lauer went to authorities in September. One of them reported seeing her body in Harrington's truck and later going to the property next door to Harrington's and watching him build a large fire on which he was tossing clothing he had brought from inside the house. The other man said Harrington had come to his home with Lauer. He also said she was handcuffed and had been beaten.
Harrington's property was searched on Sept. 24 and remains believed to have been bones were collected and sent to the State Crime Lab. The lab later sent the bones to a forensics facility in Texas which determined they were the vertebra and lower leg bones of a small-framed individual. Because they had been burned, no DNA could be extracted from the bones.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus