EL DORADO, AR (KTVE) - An El Dorado man has been arrested on several drug-related charges, including possession of black-tar heroine.
Patrick David Antoon Jr, 31, is being held on a $100,000 cash-only bond in the Union County Jail.
He was taken into custody Friday when a police task force raided a home at 2501 Forest Lawn after receiving information that a shipment of heroin had arrived there.
Antoon faces the following charges:
- 2 possessions of controlled substances of methamphetamine, with intent to deliver
- 2 counts of possession of a controlled substance of heroin
- Simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Maintaining a drug premises
- Possession or using prohibited articles
- Possession of a schedule III substance.
Black-tar Heroin is a highly addictive form of the drug. It is derived from morphine and has a tar-like texture, hence the name. Police say it comes manly from Latin America, which makes it much cheaper to produce.
Captain Kevin Holt of the El Dorado Police Department says this is the first time they’ve seen the substance in a long time, but they recognize that it’s becoming more popular across the south.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.