LITTLE ROCK, AR - The winter weather that's slammed Arkansas has forced the cancellation of numerous events.
Here's a list of some of them received by our newsroom:
- Jimmy Buffett concert at Verizon Arena cancelled
- Ballet Arkansas' Nutcracker Tea on December 8th, at The Capital Hotel in downtown Little Rock has been rescheduled to Saturday, December 14th from 10:00am - noon.
- Toy Hill 2013 is being postponed to next weekend, December 13-15.
- The 28th Annual Arkansas Sheriffs' Youth Ranches Country Christmas Craft Fair is being postponed to Saturday, December 14th.
- The Little Rock Big Jingle Jubilee Holiday Parade has been pushed back one week from Saturday, Dec. 7 at 3 p.m. to Saturday, Dec. 14. The Capitol lighting has been cancelled.
- All weekend High School playoff games have been postponed for a week
- Winter at the Lake (Lake Dardanelle State Park) event originally scheduled on December 7 rescheduled for January 11.
- Clinton Center closed Saturday in Little Rock.
- The Searcy Christmas Parade has been postponed until Dec 14th at 6 p.m.
- Due to inclement weather conditions, the Living Nativity event at Searcy First Assembly of God is cancelled Dec. 7-9. It is expected to continue as planned Dec. 11-15.
- The Museum of Discovery will be closed on Saturday, Dec. 7 due to icy conditions. We anticipate reopening on Sunday, Dec. 8 (Sunday hours: 1-5 p.m.)
- Quapaw Quarter United Methodist Church is cancelling its 10th Annual Christmas in the Quarter holiday tour of homes scheduled from 2-5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 8. It will not be rescheduled.
- REVISED TRASH SCHEDULE (contingent upon weather) NLR Sanitation will run their entire Monday route on Monday morning. On Monday afternoon they will head back to Friday's routes that were suspended yesterday, due to weather, and hopefully complete them.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.