While standing in our garage by the tailgate of our truck, this afternoon around 4:10pm 5/23/11 lightening hit our tulip poplar tree twice right in front of me. I was telling our border collie the thunder and lightening was okay not to worry when my eyes saw the bolts hit the tree and burned the dog chain into, that was around the tree. I ran into the house screaming and told our dog it was not okay and thought about hiding with our dog until it quit. My ears received the brunt of the sound and had ringing in them for awhile. Bad lightening. Verna H. in Greenbrier.
Thank you for being a part of the FOX16.com community! Everyone is invited and encouraged to comment here but comments containing the following will be removed:
1. Racist or bigoted slurs
2. Abusive, off-topic, or foul language
3. Slander, defamation, and personal attacks
4. Spam or advertising
5. Advocating or celebrating the death, illness, or misfortune of any person, public figure or otherwise
6. Comments posted with the explicit intention of provoking others
7. Content that may infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of others or other applicable laws or regulations.
High: 89° | Low: 71°