Off the Beaten Path Studio Tour
The 7th annual "Off the Beaten Path" Studio Tour will be held September 12th, 13th and 14th, 2008. This free self-guided driving tour of artists' studios in Mountain View, Calico Rock, Pineville, and Fox, includes the diverse and exciting work of over 30 local artists in the setting where their art is created. These talented artists will open their private working studios to the public on this special weekend from 9 am to 6 pm on Friday and Saturday, and from 10 am to 4 pm on Sunday. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to meet the artists in their own environment and see where and how they work.
1. Starting on Monday, September 1st, you can register for the tour and pick up your free Tour Guidebook at the Chamber of Commerce on the Square in Mountain View and on Historic Main Street in Calico Rock, as well at the following locations: in Mountain View, Aunt Minnie's Yellow House, The Arkansas Craft Gallery, the Olive Tree Gallery, the Dulcimer Shoppe, Candy Bouquet, The Wildflower Bed & Breakfast, and Pinewood Cabins; and in Calico Rock at Don Quixote's Restaurant. You can also register online at www.offthebeatenpathstudiotour.com
The Citizens Bank in Mountain View will be hosting an Artists Reception and Exhibit on Friday night, September 12th, from 7 to 9 pm. The exhibit of work by Off the Beaten Path Studio Tour Artists will be on view in the Bank beginning on September 1, 2008.
This year's artists: Pam and Ed Alexander , Garden Art and Photography; Loretta Babak, Painting; Joe Bruhin, Wood Fired Pottery; Linda Caperton, Candles; Barbara Carlson , Fiber Arts; Sue Coon, Painting; David and Becki Dahlstedt, Stoneware Pottery; Steve and Arlone Folkers, Wood and Fiber; Doris Fountain , Primitive Folk Art; Gwen Furey, Stained Glass; Rosemary Geisser , Chainmaille Jewelry; Joy Harp, Painting and Rug Hooking; Steve Hickman, Weaving; Sage and Tom Holland , Flame worked Beads; Leon Jennings , White Oak Baskets; Wright Pillow, Woodturning; Owen Rein, Traditional American Woodworking; Joellen Rosenquist Silversmith & Jewelry ,Ray Warren, Ironwork; Dona Sawyer, Stained Glass and Jewelry; Ann Snyder, Painting; Chere Taylor, Paper, Wire and Polymer Clay; Pat Thompson and Scott Riedy, Heritage Springs Blacksmiths; Phillip Walrod, Photography; Beverly and Russ Wilhite , Painting; Jeanette Larson and Shawn Hoefer, Fiber Arts and Wooden Tools.
For more information check out our website: www.offthebeatenpathstudiotour.com
call the Mountain View Chamber of Commerce 870-269-8068, toll free 888-679-2859
call the Calico Rock Chamber of Commerce 870-297-4129
Thank you for being a part of the FOX16.com community! Everyone is invited and encouraged to comment here but comments containing the following will be removed:
1. Racist or bigoted slurs
2. Abusive, off-topic, or foul language
3. Slander, defamation, and personal attacks
4. Spam or advertising
5. Advocating or celebrating the death, illness, or misfortune of any person, public figure or otherwise
6. Comments posted with the explicit intention of provoking others
7. Content that may infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of others or other applicable laws or regulations.