Flooding can never be overlooked in Arkansas.
- In 2006 floods caused three deaths.
- In 2007 floods caused one death.
- In 2008 floods caused one death.
- In 2009 floods caused five deaths.
Most flash flood deaths happen at night. That?s when flooded roads are the hardest to see.
1. Never try to walk through flowing water.
- Six inches of moving water can sweep you off your feet.
2. Never try to drive through a flooded road.
- Only a few inches can cause your car to move.
- You and your car can be swept into a deeper area.
- You could easily find yourself trapped.
3. Avoid power lines and electrical wires.
- Electrical current can move through water and cause electrocution.