CARROLL COUNTY, Ark.- Arkansas State Police (ASP) say they are investigating a homicide after a man was shot and killed Friday near Berryville.
According to a news release sent Saturday by Arkansas State Police, Anthony DeAlmedia, 42, was shot Friday outside a home on County Road 533, south of Berryville.
Officials say DeAlmedia died at the scene.
According to ASP, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department requested their Criminal Investigation Division to lead the case.
According to the news release, deputies were sent to the home after a woman called the sheriff’s department about a threat of a disturbance that might happen at the home.
State police say a woman, who is a suspect in the case, was taken from where the shooting happened but was later released while the investigation continues.
DeAlmedia’s body was taken to the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory to determine the manner and cause of death.
- Coronavirus update: 2,245 cases added Saturday in Arkansas
- Highlights: Bryant wins third straight 7A state title over North Little Rock
- Hoop Hogs (4-0) own SEC’s best record after 86-50 win over Lipscomb on Saturday
- Arkansas’ Offense Came Up Big On Saturday Despite Missing Some Key Members
- The earliest Arkansas sunset of the year occurs today, December 5th