LITTLE ROCK, Ark.- Little Rock police are investigating after a man was shot in the neck Monday night.
It happened at the 1900 block of Wright Avenue just after 9:40 p.m. Monday.
According to a Little Rock police report, officers were called to a shooting just occurred and circulated the area to find the crime scene near the intersection of Wright and Summit.
Police were told someone heard a gunshot and saw a man they didn’t know picked up by a vehicle they didn’t recognize.
Officers say while they were at the crime scene, they found out the victim was dropped off at a local hospital, according to the report.
The victim told police while he was pumping gas, he walked across the parking lot toward the store and heard a gunshot.
According to the report, the victim told police he ran and didn’t realize he had been shot in the neck.
The man told police he did not see anyone with a gun or any suspicious vehicles.
According to the report, the victim said a stranger picked him up and took him to the hospital.
According to Little Rock police, the victim’s injuries are not life-threatening.
- Sam Pittman Not Reminding Players Misgivings From Past, Focusing on Current Team and Moving Forward
- Senate Republicans and Democrats want US medical supply chain to stop relying on China
- REAL ID UPDATE: One-year countdown to REAL ID requirement begins today
- Lonoke Schools put on lockdown with Lt. Governor there
- Local Health Units extend hours on Tuesdays