LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - The crime rate in Pine Bluff registers high in a new online tool.
ADT Inc., an American company that provides residential and small business security, fire protection, and other alarm monitoring services, has just released an interactive crime mapping tool to help keep informed folks safe.
This cutting-edge crime map was designed to be interactive and informative.
The site allows people to search their area and find crime hot spots that include: car theft, assault, robbery, and murder.
Taking a look at stats for cities in Central Arkansas shows:
- Highest crime rate zip codes in Pine Bluff and Sherwood/North Little Rock (72117)
- In Pine Bluff both the murder rate and assault rate is four times higher than the national average
- The murder rate in Sherwood is two times greater than the national average
- In the popular tourist spots of Hot Springs, car theft averages twice as high as national numbers
- In Conway, a different picture shows some of the mildest crime rate averages with only petty theft as the major issue
ADT says the push to release this map was "to help make sure people understand as much as possible about potential crime in their city or neighborhood."
By using the most recent data available, folks can now explore how their area compares to the national average for crime.
To see "hot spots" in your city or neighborhood or learn more about the interactive crime map, visit www.adt.com/crime.
The victim was found early Friday morning at an address on W. 17th…
The photos include previously released photos that have been enhanced…
According to the sheriff's office, a man in a black hoodie, dark…