Editor’s Note: This article will be updated with new job listings throughout the week.
EMPLOYER: Camden Police Department
JOB TITLE: Police Officer
To be considered for employment as a Camden Police Officer, applicants must meet the minimum following requirements
- Citizen of the United States
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- At least 21 years of age
- No Felony convictions
- Must pass a physical and psychological examination and drug screen
- Must pass Police Officer Examination and be interviewed by the Civil Service Commission
- Must pass an extensive background investigation
- Must pass a physical agility test
- Candidates should make themselves familiar with the Department’s tattoo, piercing, and body scarring policy.
On the Camden Police Departments physical agility test applicants must score an average of 3 to be qualified. See scores below.
- Physical Agility Test
- Written Examination
- Oral Examination
- Background Investigation
- Starting salary range is $29K-$30K
- Uniform allowance is $900 first year, $600 annually thereafter
- Take home vehicle benefit after 1 year, for employees residing in Camden
- Educational Incentive Pay up to 10% of base salary (based on college credit hours)
- Certificate Pay up to 10% of base salary
- Shift Differential Pay
- Three weeks paid annual vacation (accrue 15 days of vacation leave annually)
- Sick leave benefits (accrue 15 days first year of employment, 20 days thereafter)
- Health and Life Insurance premiums for the employee and the majority of family coverage are paid by the City of Camden
- Excellent retirement benefits
The city of Camden is an EOE.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply you can download an application here. Return completed applications to the Camden Police Department or City Hall.
JOB TITLE: Hospital Services Registered Nurse
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life to patients in an Acute Hospital setting. RNs in this role work autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients.
If you haven’t considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Use your critical care thinking skills. Whether this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients and families. You’ll be able to leverage your nursing skills for patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
- Autonomy in a hospital setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting you work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. Our Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
- Dynamic environment. No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. You’ll work within a variety of settings (ICU, CCU, ER and more), and you’ll be able to keep learning new nursing skills on top of dialysis.
- Schedule: Provide emergent, lifesaving care during on call shifts. Schedules vary by hospital system. For this role expect to know your weekly schedule in advance, but your daily schedule may change depending on patient needs. Must be in commutable distance based on on-call requirements.
- The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider, DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care, providing care in line with the highest industry standards according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
JOB LOCATION: Little Rock, AR 72205
You Must Have (aka. Requirements):
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing.
- Work long days without notice
- Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this position.)
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. preferred, not required):
- Hemodialysis nursing experience in an acute or chronic setting
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN)
EMPLOYER: Harry Pepper & Associates
JOB TITLE: PPM Structural Welder
JOB LOCATION: Pine Bluff
Plan, lay-out, weld, install and repair all types of structural steel products in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards. Will be working on new and pre-existing structures.
- Follow established jobsite safety and regulations, work in a safe and efficient manner, and maintain a safe and clean work area. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications and plan, lay-out, install and/or repair all types of structural steel products in accordance with those plans and specifications.
- Read and understand plans and specifications, including diagrams, prints. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld, and install all types of structural steel components; install supports, valves, and other control equipment; test installed systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
- Weld components according to specific process and code; cut and weld members to make alterations, using oxyacetylene cutting and welding equipment.
- Education – High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) Preferred
- Experience – Structural welding experience preferred; must pass welder certification test.
- Must have a working knowledge of various welding processes, coeds, techniques and methods related to structural steel welding.
- Must read and understand plans and specifications, including diagrams, prints, orthographic and isometric drawings and visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Must be familiar with properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
EMPLOYER: Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated
JOB TITLE: Part Time Merchandiser/Stocker
JOB LOCATION: Little Rock, AR
- What does Product Merchandising mean exactly? It means presenting all Coca-Cola products in a way that will attract the attention of consumers at our customer retail locations.
- How will you do this? Bring to life our displays by turning all product labels to face the consumer and filling the store shelves with a variety of our refreshing products. Work independently and outside the confines of 4 walls.
- Effective customer service & communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Follow appropriate food handling, safety, and sanitation standards
- Share in our purpose – to serve others, to pursue excellence, and to grow profitably
- Valid driver’s license for your state of residency (Motor Vehicle Report will be reviewed)
- Personal vehicle available to use for work
- Proof of insurance policy to verify current coverage of liability and property damage at no less than $50,000 per person / $100,000 per occurrence / $50,000 property damage effective from first day of employment
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. of product repetitively
- Previous customer service experience
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis
- Past job performance must reflect dependability, initiative, professional demeanor, and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to lift approximately up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stand, lift, and perform physical labor for multiple hours at a time
- Safely operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air-conditioned
- Ability to operate a computer, a hand-held inventory control device, and calculators
EMPLOYER: Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
JOB TITLE: Customer Service Representative
As the primary contact for our customers, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is one of the most important positions to Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield. The ability to provide outstanding service to members continues to be a top goal for every associate at the Enterprise. For this reason, the Customer Service Representative must embody the service vision, objectives, and values of the organization.
This position requires highly motivated and dedicated personnel accountable for ensuring final disposition of each inquiry in a timely manner while systematically documenting detailed customer information relevant to each customer contact.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a structured environment.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to the achievement of service, production and quality goals of the team.
- Innovative thinking.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Present self in a professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm while engaged in a stressful conversation or situation.
- Ability to answer written correspondence.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must meet at least one of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years experience in a direct contact/service oriented role.
- Two (2) years of accredited college or university (at least 48 credit hours) plus one (1) year experience in a direct contact/service oriented role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in or knowledge of healthcare, medical provider, insurance, medical supplier, medical terminology, claims processing, and/or medical coding is preferred.
- Above average communication skills (i.e. verbal and written communication, grammar, and articulation)
- Must pass CSR Assessment testing
LOCATION: Little Rock, AR
We have 35 openings and the effective hire date will be February 8, 2021. We are starting our recruiting process now, as it typically takes us 12 weeks to recruiter, screen, assess interview, and begin screening processes. Interested applicants should apply to our career site. The recruiter will review their application. If they meet the qualifications, they will receive an assessment (must be completed within 48hours). Based on their assessment results, determine the next steps in the process. If they score well, they will be scheduled for an interview. Interviews will begin the week of December 7.