DATE & TIME: Wednesday, November 16 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Arkansas Baptist College
Community Union Building, 2nd floor
1600 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Little Rock, AR 72202
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Arkansas HBCU Career Services Departments have partnered to bring you Arkansas’s first joint HBCU Black Wall Street Career Fest. The event will partner with employers from the community to offer career opportunities to HBCU students at UAPB, Philander Smith College, Shorter College and Arkansas Baptist College. There will be onsite resume assistance, interview attire assistance and networking opportunities.
EMPLOYER: Rock Region METRO
JOB TITLE: Service Technician
LOCATION: North Little Rock, AR
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for daily servicing of all METRO vehicles and equipment. This involves checking, filling ‘topping off’ and recording all fluids, performing daily cleaning, sweeping, dusting and mopping. Also includes driving and parking of vehicles, cleaning individual piece parts and sub assemblies using various chemicals in a safe and professional manner, while maintaining a clean, efficient and safe work area.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to the rules and regulations of the METRO Drug and Alcohol Policy. Rock Region METRO is an equal opportunity employer.
- Services METRO vehicles, which includes, but is not limited to, checking and ‘topping off’ all fluids, checking tire inflation pressure and re-stocking Bus Operator supplies.
- Performs visual inspections of METRO vehicles to identify vehicle damage and/or mechanical problems and reports such issues to supervisor.
- Performs all phases of interior and exterior METRO vehicle cleaning, which includes, but is not limited to, windows, walls, floors, ceilings, dome lights, hand rails, seats, upholstery, gum removal, graffiti removal, trash removal, air conditioning condensers, accessibility lifts, and wheels.
- Records all fluids consumed on fuel sheets in an accurate and legible manner.
- Operates METRO vehicles while in strict compliance with METRO policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Arkansas traffic laws and regulations. This includes using proper defensive driving techniques.
- Relocates METRO vehicles and directs incoming traffic into the METRO division.
- Cleans individual piece parts and sub assemblies, which includes, but is not limited to, engines, radiators, brake drums, battery compartments, chassis, and wheels.
- Installs and removes interior METRO approved signs as directed.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Overall knowledge of automobile and be experienced in the use of tools to perform related work.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) or be able to obtain one 120 days from hire date.
- Must be able to understand maintenance manuals; prepare work cards and orders for vehicle/tire repairs.
- Extensive walking and standing at least 90% of the time; lifting a maximum of 75 lbs. and lifting parts and materials overhead. Requires ability to withstand exposure to negative surroundings such as uncomfortable weather conditions, dust, engine fumes, toxic chemicals, and extreme noise levels. Requires ability to perform hand-over-hand method of steering vehicles and be able to grip a steering wheel. Must be able to crawl or stoop into tight areas and lay horizontal under a vehicle.
Audible Visual Demands – Requires ability to hear directions given; distinguish vehicular problems associated with trouble shooting repairs; visually perform essential functions for satisfactory job performance.
Miscellaneous – Must be willing to work shift hours and days as assigned. (Evening/night shift, starts at 4:00pm)
PAY: $17.84 an hour
Benefits; health, dental, vision, life, deferred compensation, and paid vacation & sick time.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
EMPLOYER: Pactiv Evergreen
JOB TITLE: Security Guard
LOCATION: Pine Bluff
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to prepare written incident reports
- Provide accurate and consistent information to the facility management team regarding case management and various other measurement systems
- Perform security patrols on facility grounds and keep accurate documentation of activities
- Update daily safety reports
- Drive company vehicle to perform safety rounds
- Ability to function independently and make decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to keep composure under stress
- Problem solving
- Possess functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Good computer skills: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must submit an updated resume
- Experience: Three years or more
- Education: High school graduate or General Education Diploma
- EMT Certification preferred but not required.
- Valid drivers license required
- Above average attendance record
GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Vacation and Holiday Pay