EDITOR’S NOTE: Job openings and hiring events will be added to this article throughout the week.
LOCATION: 1511 S. Rose Street, Sheridan, AR 72150
DATE: Tuesday, February 23 & Thursday, February 25
TIME: Noon to 8 p.m.
Faucet Assembly Operators
We only hire the best! People who are passionate about their work and take pride in providing world-class service. We’ll be offering on-the-spot interviews and contingent job offers to qualified candidates, followed at a later time by scheduled on-site tours.
Pre-registration for this event is REQUIRED. Sign up today for your interview slot.
EMPLOYER: Kohler Company
LOCATION: Sheridan, AR
JOB TITLE: Operators and Fork Lift Drivers
JOB DUTIES: Assembling components, testing product, completing pack out, operating plastics molding machines, performing quality control duties, and driving forklifts
EMPLOYER: Center for Arkansas Legal Services
JOB TITLE: Business Manager
The business manager is responsible for the overall business and accounting operations of the organization and works closely with the executive director, the executive assistant, and other staff.
- Preparation of budgets and reporting of monthly and annual Financial Statements with budget projections. Presents Financial Statements to the Center’s Board of Directors. Coordinates annual audits.
- Responsible for all accounting functions, including payroll, tax-reporting functions, account receivables and account payables, general ledger and bank accounts and investments.
- Administration of employee benefits, including health insurance, annual leave records, employee cafeteria plan, and retirement plan.
- Administration of organizational bonding and insurance, together with the executive director.
- Assists the executive director with grant proposals and reports.
- Participation as a member of the Center’s management team in regard to operational policies and long-range planning.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, certifications, education): Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting with 3 to 5 years’ experience in Financial Statement preparation, budgeting and administration of employee benefits; experience with fund accounting software is a plus, as well as Word and Excel. Applicants must have the interest and ability to grow with the job, including increasing accounting knowledge and skills as needed. Good communication and organization skills are required.
PAY: Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include health, dental and life insurance, cafeteria plan and 403(b) plans.
LOCATION: Little Rock, AR
ABOUT THE COMPANY: The Center for Arkansas Legal Services is a nonprofit organization, which provides free legal assistance to low-income and elderly individuals in 44 Arkansas counties with offices in Little Rock, Benton, Rogers, El Dorado, Fort Smith, Hot Springs, Pine Bluff and Russellville.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants must submit a completed Center application, resume, cover letter, and three job references to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Center for Arkansas Legal Services, 1300 W. 6th St., Little Rock, AR 72201 501-376-3423, 800-950-5817. Job application is available upon request at email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
- Visit www.ArkansasLegal.org/careers for more information.
- You can find out more about who we are and what we do at www.ArkansasLegal.org or on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ArkasasLegal.
EMPLOYER: Arkansas State University-Beebe
JOB TITLE: Director of Adult Education
Arkansas State University-Beebe, a comprehensive two-year community college and part of the Arkansas State University System, is seeking a Director of Adult Education to begin April 2021. The College focuses on teaching and learning, emphasizes student success at all levels, and is interested in candidates who value those attributes.
With locations in Beebe, Searcy, Heber Springs, Greers Ferry, and Woodruff County, the Department of Adult Education offers a variety of services to include Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes leading toward the General Education Diploma (GED), English as a Second Language classes, College Entrance Refresher courses, and an assortment of Workforce Training classes. The Department of Adult Education administers the TANF and SNAP E&T grant programs. Seventeen employees report to the Director. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, grant funded position that includes days, some evening and weekend hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise all adult education programs including Adult Basic Education (ABE), General Adult Education (GAE), Direct and Equitable (D&E), English as Second Language (ESL), SNAP employment & Training (SNAP E&T), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Oversight of Bridge Classes for ACT 1184 qualified.
- Oversee the operations of the ASU-Beebe Adult Education Centers at Searcy, Beebe, Greers Ferry, Heber Springs, and Woodruff County.
- Recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and evaluating of Adult Education faculty and staff.
- Prepare and maintain detailed and comprehensive reports, records, and files regarding personnel, facilities, program, operations, and activities.
- Review instructional materials, student outcomes, and related performance data to assess the level of success in helping students develop and improve their reading, writing, and mathematics skills.
- Supervise the planning, development and recommendation of new courses; review standing courses, and recommend the deletion of classes no longer appropriate to the curriculum; maintain current course outlines to reflect the instructional programs accurately. Promote the use of CANVAS and online education.
- Lead teaching and learning initiatives, including promotion strong pedagogical approaches appropriate and effective use of technology.
- Identify, design, coordinate, promote and delivery of innovative and relevant faculty and staff professional development and learning opportunities.
- Support implementation of programmatic and State approved student learning assessments.
- Oversee processes of student intake, testing, orientation, evaluation, goal setting, choice of instructional activities, materials and strategies, and monitoring student progress results.
- Prepare and review budget narratives for submission per the Adult Education Section of the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services Policy.
- Participate in annual audits and/or program reviews as directed by the College, ASU System, or the Arkansas Department of Adult Education.
- Review and approve requests for expenses to be charged to the program managed by the department, ensuring the expenses are allocated appropriately.
- Conduct monthly payroll reconciliations, ensuring all time and effort is recorded accurately and within the budgetary and contractual guidelines and limitations.
- Develop and submit cost transfers when needed to remove or allocate expenses.
- Monitor expenses against the budget for each project managed by the department, ensuring that adjustments to expense patterns are made proactively.
- Promote Adult Education program through marketing to include but not limited to brochures, flyers, radio & TV ads, and social-media.
- Serve as point of contact for ASU-Beebe’s Adult Education Advisory Council.
- Serves on various internal and external committees, councils or tasks forces within the College, and the Arkansas Department of Adult Education.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Master’s degree in Education, Adult & Career Education, or related field with a valid Arkansas Educator License. If not already licensed in adult education, administrators must become licensed within three years of the date of initial employment as an adult education administrator.
Five years supervisory experience in a K-12, Adult Education, or Higher Education setting, and five years of experience as a K-12 or Adult Education teacher.
Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory. General understanding of WIOA mandates related to Adult Education and Literacy. Familiarity with the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services, Adult Education Section Policies and Procedures.
Valid Arkansas Educator License. If not already licensed in adult education, administrators must become licensed within three years of the date of initial employment as an adult education administrator.
LOCATION: Searcy Campus
ABOUT THE COMPANY: ASU-Beebe is a public two-year college with its main campus located in Beebe, Arkansas on the 67/167 corridor approximately 35 miles north of the state’s capitol of Little Rock.
EMPLOYER: Rock Region METRO
JOB TITLE: Full-Time Fixed-Route Bus Operator
Qualified applicants will be trained and certified to provide safe, reliable, convenient, and cost effective transit service to Rock Region METRO’s (METRO) valued passengers in central Arkansas. Although all Bus Operators must have a valid Arkansas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Medical Examiner’s Health Certificate, and a Passenger (P) endorsement, candidates will be considered who will require assistance with their credentialing.
Once licensed and certified, Full-Time Operators will receive rigorous training in the safe and timely operation of Fixed-Route buses. In the course of daily operations, this person will be responsible to drive in a safe, courteous, and timely manner while providing customer service in the form of passenger communications including route schedules and times, fare rates and process, and transfer instructions. They may also assist passengers with special needs, including passengers with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS:
- Operate a city bus
- Requires sitting for long periods while operating bus.
- Must meet schedule demands of the particular route
- Must assist passengers in wheelchairs by securing wheelchair while on the bus.
- Provide passengers with general information of routes and schedules.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Conflict Resolution -Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Diversity Oriented – Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Empathetic- Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty I Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Patience – Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Responsible -Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience: Prefer one year of CDL passenger driving experience.
- Certification: Either in possession of a Class “B” CDL and a Passenger (P) endorsement, or, willing and able to work towards such license, certification, and endorsement.
- Able to and willing to provide safe, reliable, convient, and cost effective customer service.
STARTING PAY: $16.84 per hour