EVENT: 4th Annual Power to Get Wealth Job Fair & Job Readiness Training
The Power to Get Wealth Job Readiness Training:
- Saturday, January 25, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
- Saint Mark Baptist Church, Family Life Center Multipurpose Room, 5722 W. 12th Street, Little Rock, AR 72204
The Power to Get Wealth Job Fair:
- Sunday, January 26, 2020
- 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Saint Mark Baptist Church, 5722 W. 12th Street, Little Rock, AR 72204
The Power to Get Wealth Job Fair is the premier event for employers to find qualified job seekers. It connects more than 50 companies with nearly 2,000 potential employees. On-site and off-site interviews will be conducted, and a resume center will be available to assist people with revisions and printing. Childcare will also be available. The job fair is free and open to the public.
The Power to Get Wealth Job Readiness Training, which is also free and open to the public, will be led by human resource professionals who will prepare job seekers in the following areas:
- Appropriate interview and office attire;
- Resume writing and how to sell one’s value and assets;
- Interviewing and common mistakes to avoid
- How to manage a career
Job Fair participants (NOT exhaustive; list to be updated as employers commit):
- Ally Financial
- Arkansas Department of Transportation
- Arkansas Electric Cooperatives
- Arvest Bank
- City of Little Rock Fire Department
- City of Little Rock Human Resources Dept
- City of Little Rock Police Department
- Educational Opportunity Center TRIO Program
- First Student
- Lighthouse Academies, Inc.
- McLarty Automotive Group
- Park University
- Primary Care of Arkansas
- Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office
- Pulaski County Special School District
- Simmons Bank
- The P.A.T. Center
- Waffle House
- Webster University
EMPLOYER: Arkansas State University-Beebe
JOB TITLE: Instructor of Nursing
JOB DUTIES: The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the discipline and courses in the college’s Practical Nursing and/or Registered Nursing programs. Online instruction via the Canvas LMS platform will be required.
- Teach face to face, hybrid, and online course offerings as needed
- Teach at our satellite locations as needed
- Supervise nursing students in all aspects of clinical education
- Make clinical assignments
- Develop and deliver nursing courses (face to face, hybrid, and online)
- Collaborate with colleagues and administration on curriculum development
- Program assessment
- Engage in student recruitment and retention initiatives
- Institutional committee service
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, certifications, education): Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Two years of clinical nursing experience. One year of long term care nursing within last 5 years. Current nursing license free of restrictions and be in good standing with Arkansas State Board of Nursing (ASBN).
PAY: $51,233 Annually
LOCATION: Beebe, AR
ABOUT THE COMPANY: ASU-Beebe is a public two-year college with its main campus located in Beebe, Arkansas on the 67/167 corridor approximately 35 miles north of the state’s capitol of Little Rock.
HOW TO APPLY: https://jobs.asub.edu
EMPLOYER: Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated
JOB TITLE: Delivery Driver Merchandiser Trainee
SCHEDULE: 5 am until completion of route, Monday – Friday.
As a Trainee Route Sales, you will be responsible for delivering and/or unloading our products to customer locations on designated routes. This is a fast-paced position that stocks the greatest beverage brands on shelves, displays and in coolers.
JOB LOCATION: Camden, AR 71701
EMPLOYER: Anderson Merchandisers LP
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Flex Associate – BLYTHEVILLE, AR
The Flex Associate position is responsible for assisting other Anderson Merchandisers associates in execution of client projects. Employment will be on-going on an as needed basis.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES, include but are not limited to the following:
- Execute all required tasks, projects, resets, displays with accuracy, by following all provided instructions.
- Maintain company, client and retailer confidentiality.
- Must be able to lift objects and product up to a maximum of 50 lbs with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects/products up to 35 lbs., in addition the ability to lift heavy objects up to 100 lbs with assistance from another associate.
- Work could be performed while sitting, standing or walking.
- Work performed will entail fine manipulation of hands and/or fingers, bending, twisting, squatting, and climbing, as well as upper and lower body mobility.
- Work flexible shifts (am or pm) based on store requirements.
JOB LOCATION: Blytheville, AR 72315
EMPLOYER: Heritage Environmental Services, LLC
JOB TITLE: Assistant Plant Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assist Plant Manager in organizing and managing day to day activities for all areas of operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assist Plant Manager in directing and coordinating activities of Production.
- Review production orders and/or schedules in order to plan department operations to ensure productivity and quality.
- Plan production operations to establish priorities and sequences.
- Review production and operating reports and resolve operational problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develop and/or revise standard operational and working practices.
- Observe workers to ensure compliance with standards and requirements.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry required.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES: This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Effective communication skills both written and verbal with all levels in the organization. Excellent problem solving skills. Effective team building and leadership skills. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Good organization and time management skills. Results driven individual. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Must be able to see, hear, speak, read, write, sit, walk, bend, climb, stoop, kneel, work M-F week, and call outs as needed, lift up to 60 lbs., wear protective equipment, and work in an outdoor environment. Must pass a company physical.
EMPLOYER: The Allen School
JOB TITLE: Early Childhood Special Ed. Teacher (Direct Care Supervisor)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB POST DATE: 01/15/2020-02/14/2020
The special education teacher plans and provides for developmentally appropriate learning experiences for pre-school age students with special needs.
Responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Participate in IEP/ITP or other necessary programming meetings as scheduled
- Monitor and evaluate student progress with the use of data collection and testing
- Collaborate with onsite therapists and classroom teams regarding individual student goals
- Communicate openly with parents regarding student progress
- Use individualized reinforcement techniques as appropriate
- Provide direct supervision and support to classroom staff
- Model and help facilitate positive classroom management
- Provide training to classroom and full school staff as necessary
- Create a safe classroom environment that encourages learning through positive interactions and experiences
- Other duties assigned by the Directors
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education and/or Early Childhood Education with a current Arkansas Early Childhood Special Education certification (Master’s degree is preferred), or a Developmental Therapist.
- 2 or more years of Pre-school/Elementary classroom experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
How to apply:
- To apply, please submit a completed application and/or a resume to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
EMPLOYER: Arkansas Department of Human Services
JOB TITLE: Privacy Officer (Managing Attorney)
JOB LOCATION: Little Rock, Arkansas
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be licensed to practice law and admitted to the Arkansas State Bar. Must have six years of experience in law, including three years in a professional managerial capacity.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Privacy Officer (PO) is responsible for conducting legal research and writing legal documents for use in litigation, providing legal assistance to the agency, and supervising subordinate attorneys and legal administrative support staff. The PO oversees the Agency’s Privacy Program including but not limited to development, implementation, and maintenance of privacy policies and procedures, investigation and tracking of privacy incidents and report inappropriate access and/or disclosure of protected health information according to HIPAA, as well as other information that is confidential under applicable state/federal laws. The PO will ensure the Agency maintains adequate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect health information and other confidential information and work in collaboration with the IT Security Officer. The PO will monitor organizational privacy compliance, confidentiality consents, authorization forms and information notices reflecting current legal practices and requirements for HIPAA/Patient Privacy compliance. The PO will monitor patterns of inappropriate access and/or disclosure of protected health information and manage all requests from patients who wish to exercise their rights according to the Privacy laws. The PO will assist with the development and presentation of privacy training to Agency staff as indicated by regulatory changes or incidents and serve as privacy resource to the Agency regarding release of information and all privacy-related issues and follow up on individual complaints. The PO will interact with all levels of staff within the Agency in managing privacy and information security compliance related to the programs and services provided by the Agency. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency policy.
STARTING SALARY: $77,862
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send resumes to email@example.com