Day of Preparation Workshop
DATE: Wednesday, October 23, 2019
TIME: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
LOCATION: West Central Community Center, 4521 John Barrow Road, Little Rock, AR 72204
- Little Rock Regional Chamber
- City of Little Rock
- Goodwill Industries of Arkansas
- Central Arkansas Human Resource Association
- Arkansas Division of Workforce Services
- Resume Writing
- Interview Skills
- Dress 4 Success
- Transportation Assistance
- Preparation & Opportunity = SUCCESS
Day of Prep attendees will be granted VIP access to the October 25th Job Fair from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Several community leaders will provide a new thought in job fairs. With the feedback of many, we want to offer a FREE workshop to the community. What is different in this? Unemployment is at a record low and it’s time to recruit differently. We want to offer a free workshop day for job seekers that coaches them on obstacles that hinder an interview or accepting a job. Wednesday, October 23rd will be a “come and go” educational opportunity for applicants to get resource information on how to prepare for an interview. Below are some of the specifics we will offer:
- Clothing on-site, appropriate for a job interview
- Public transportation options
- Child care options (TANF)
- Practice Interviews with top HR professionals and recruiters
- Second chance employers and information on programs
- Associate degree or skilled trade programs
- Workforce Services Mobile Unit – Resume review/editing/creation
DATE: Friday, October 25, 2019
TIME: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (VIP Access); 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. (General Public)
LOCATION: West Central Community Center, 4521 John Barrow Road, Little Rock, AR 72204
Central Arkansas Human Resource Association is partnering with the LR Regional Chamber of Commerce, Goodwill, Rock Region Metro, and AR Division of Workforce Services to present a new concept in job fairs! This event will begin with a Day of Preparation Workshop for job seekers to prepare them for the job fair. Job seekers will receive assistance with professional attire, resume assistance, interview practice, and much more. Resumes from the Day of Prep will be sent to registered Employers before the job fair. The Day of Prep is FREE to job seekers.
JOB TITLE: Lead Generation Specialist
The ideal candidate for this position will be a high-energy, resilient individual that loves a challenge. If you are goal-driven and love to help set others up for success, you want to be part of this team.
The following is a list of some of the duties performed by the Lead Generation Specialist:
- Assists in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct customer contact and prospecting
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Presenting and delivering presentations and value propositions to potential customers
- Establishing meetings for AM’s\Sr. AM’s\Business Development Reps once an opportunity is identified
- Answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Update records in Salesforce.com which includes recording call/meeting notes, managing opportunities, and updating account information.
JOB LOCATION: Jonesboro, AR 72404
EMPLOYER: Compass Group, North America
JOB TITLE: ATTENDANT, CATERING (PART-TIME)
- We have an opening for a part-time *ATTENDANT, CATERING *position.
- Location: Arkansas Children’s Hospital. 1 Childrens Way, Little Rock. AR 72202. /Note: online applications accepted only./
- Schedule: P/T schedule; open availability is preferred. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior catering experience is required.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison’s hospital kitchens, restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company’s Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine’s “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013” and one of Training Magazine’s top 125 for 2014.
Summary: Delivers and serves food at scheduled functions under the supervision of the catering captain. Ensures the accurate execution of all events during his/her shift. May drive a catering delivery truck. Sets up and serves at functions; cleans event area during and after events; breaks down the setup and leaves the area neat and clean; returns leftover food and equipment to the catering facility in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assembles and delivers all food and supplies for catered functions to their scheduled locations.
- Logs and maintains food temperatures.
- Arranges tables and decorations.
- Arranges buffet tables with food, beverage and service items according to standards.
- Serve food and beverages to guests.
- Thoroughly cleans location after event is completed.
- Returns food and beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Distributes and collects customer comment cards for catered functions.
- Stocks, cleans and maintains catering facility and equipment.
- Ensures guests receive friendly, courteous service at all times.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of complete menu and products on hand.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Follows safety and sanitation policy and procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license may be required; must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler’s permit and/or alcohol servers’ permit where required by state law.
- About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
JOB LOCATION: Little Rock, AR
EMPLOYER: Downstream Casino
JOB TITLE: EGM Shift Supervisor
It is the responsibility of the Slot Shift Supervisor to oversee all slot operations on the casino floor during assigned shift in absence of and with the Slot Shift Manager. All functions will be performed within the guidelines of the Downstream Casino Resort policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
JOB LOCATION: Pine Bluff, AR 71601
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 years
HOW TO APPLY:
- In person at: Downstream Casino Arkansas Pine Bluff, AR 71601 View Map Get Directions
EMPLOYER: USAble Life
JOB TITLE: Customer Care Associate
JOB DUTIES: inbound call center – answers calls professionally and responds to needs of our customers
QUALIFICATIONS:: Associates Degree or equivalent experience and 1 year customer service experience
PAY: compensation is competitive based on experience; excellent benefit package
LOCATION: 17500 Chenal Parkway, West Little Rock, AR
EMPLOYER: Baldwin & Shell Construction Company
JOB TITLE: Iron Workers & Metal Building Erectors
SUMMARY: Iron workers cut, weld, and install pieces of metal to erect structures of all types while working within a collaborative team environment and adhering to all safety standards.
- Work at heights between 15′ & 250′ above ground.
- Connect / Align / Rig / Hoist Structural Steel Members
- Install Bolts and Complete Structural Connections
- Cut and Install Metal Decking
- Cut & Weld Structural Shapes
- Operate Material Handlers, Man Lifts and Other Misc. Equipment QUALIFICATIONS (skills, certifications, education):
- Journeyman or equivalent work experience
- Good physical condition – the materials used for ironworking are heavy and bulky so above average physical strength is necessary
- Agility & a good sense of balance
- Tolerance for heights
- Drug & alcohol free – this position is safety sensitive
- Ability to work outdoors in all climates LOCATION: Central Arkansas BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Matching
- Two weeks paid vacation
- 7 paid holidays
- Additional supplemental insurance
ABOUT THE COMPANY: For over 70 years, Baldwin & Shell Construction Company has consistently maintained a leadership role in the construction field. It is an accomplished smooth-running company that offers diverse services in construction and construction management. Baldwin & Shell is extremely mindful and proud of its achievements over the last seven decades and the many people that have molded its core standards and values of service to their clients. The company has continued to show significant growth over the years and a large part of the growth can be attributed to the tremendous volume of repeat customers.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply in person at 1000 West Capitol Avenue Little Rock, Arkansas 72201 or online at www.baldwinshell.com/careershttp://www.baldwinshell.com/careers
Baldwin & Shell was voted Arkansas Business Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2019