Editor’s Note: Jobs will be added to this post throughout the week.
EMPLOYER: Social Security Administration
JOB TITLE: Adjudicator
STARTING SALARY: $40,000
The Social Security Administration has authorized the State of Arkansas to fill multiple Adjudicator I positions. The position of DDS Claims Adjudicator I is classified as Grade GS06, with a starting salary of $40,000 with promotional potential up to GS10. The Adjudicator is a vital member of the team responsible for adjudicating disability applications for our most vulnerable citizens. Job duties include reviewing and analyzing medical records, evaluating claims based on Federal regulations and laws, interacting with mental and physical doctors, and communicating with claimants.
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree.
All DDSSA Adjudicator I’s start at the entry level salary of $40,000 and salary is non-negotiable.
Potential candidates may submit an application online at arstatejobs.com by 11:59 PM on Thursday, 07/23/2020.
Those meeting the minimum qualifications will be notified via e-mail and testing for these positions will occur on Saturday, 07/25/2020 in Little Rock.
EMPLOYER: City of Little Rock
JOB TITLE: Communications Call Taker
DEPARTMENT: Police – 911 Recruitment
- $17 hourly
- $35,360 annually
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS: A valid Arkansas Crime Information Center (ACIC)/National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Level 1, Basic Terminal Operator, and Level 2, Advanced Operator, certifications within
one (1) year of employment and maintain certification for the duration of employment in this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: These knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through the completion of high school and one (1) year of clerical and customer service experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be available for shift assignments which include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must complete the performance probationary period and make continual progress towards promotion to a Communications Dispatcher within thirty six (36) months of employment. Failure to complete satisfactory progress in compliance with the Departmental policy towards promotion to a Communications Dispatcher within the thirty six (36) month timeframe will result in termination from this position.
EMPLOYER: Leaf Filter
JOB TITLE: Installer
JOB LOCATION: North Little Rock, AR
SALARY: $1,500+ per week
- Installing Leaf Filter product on customer’s homes.
- Must provide own tools, equipment, and General Liability Insurance.
- Paid weekly.
- Mileage pay from office to job sites.
- Chance for career advancement in our Upward Mobility Program.
HOW TO APPLY:
- All inquiries email Tonia Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open interviews Friday. Hired on spot.
EMPLOYER: City of Little Rock
JOB TITLE: Police Media Relations Specialist
SALARY: $40,311 – 62,070 annually
To coordinate media relations activities for the Little Rock Police Department (LRPD); strategically and proactively plans daily media
releases, and serves as one of the primary Departmental spokespersons for television, radio and digital/print news media for the Little Rock Police Department as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
These knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field, and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressive professional-level experience in media relations, public relations,
journalism or a closely related field; two (2) years of experience in the coordination of content and production of social media platforms and websites in support of organizational purposes, or a related area. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
EMPLOYER: Arkansas Virtual Academy
JOB TITLE: 504 Coordinator
The 504 Coordinator oversees Section 504 for the school and is responsible for all plan writing for Section 504 students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Collaborates with teachers, advisors, counselors, and additional district personnel to coordinate and plan for Section 504 students.
- Facilitates the implementation of the school district approved Section 504 and data collection policies.
- Develops, continually revises, and ensures the implementation of consistent Section 504 and data collection procedures.
- Provides ongoing training and support to district staff regarding Section 504 and the implementation of the Section 504 and data collection procedures.
- Collects and maintains all Section 504 (504 plans, lists of eligible students).
- Serves as a daily resource to district administrators, school leadership teams, and other stakeholders regarding Section 504.
- Serves as the school district’s liaison to the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). (OCR complaint resolution and corrective action plan implementation).
- Conducts self-reviews and monitor Section 504 procedures and practices-including the timeline from referral submission to the team meeting.
- Ensures Section 504 plans are disseminated to the appropriate staff.
- Maintain records/data and prepare annual reports on compliance to the LEA leadership team.
- Send parent communication concerning Section 504 (i.e. notice of identification, notice of parental rights, notice of meeting, copy of plan)
- Identify Section 504 Team members and schedule meetings.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must live in Arkansas
- Background Knowledge of Section 504
- Experience with Section 504 plan writing and planning
- Three (3) years of related professional experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Required Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Able to pass required background check
- Three (3) years of directly related experience in an online school setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience being a Spanish translator
EMPLOYER: Quest Diagnostics
JOB TITLE: Entry Level Processor
JOB OVERVIEW: The SPT I is responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Processing Department. This position requires passing a data entry assessment. Functions performed may include but are not limited to data entry of test orders, presort, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory, centrifugation and aliquoting. Department is a production environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and departmental completion times. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and ability to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s) ordered by client. The SPT I must have the ability learn and understand the compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis. This position is critical to quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the SPT I is required. Majority of SPT I work, on the nightshift, but based on staffing needs weekends, holidays, on call and overtime is a requirement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to perform all responsibilities of the Specimen Preparation Assistant
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the SPT I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together
- Identifies problems and in some cases, may resolve issues with specimen types such as missing information etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
- Meets or exceeds all performance expectations to include attendance, adherence to work schedule and demonstrates Quest values and behaviors through work performance and peer and team interaction
- Is open to learning additional functions within Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level
- Performs other duties as assigned
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Position requires data background with abilities to enter 6,000 alphanumeric keystrokes/hour
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment
EMPLOYER: Michael Baker International
JOB TITLE: Early Career Civil Design Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Michael Baker has an immediate opening for a dynamic Civil Engineer in our growing Group based in Little Rock, AR. The Civil Engineer will work within an interdisciplinary team including: structural engineers, airport engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, surveyors and inspectors to perform engineering analysis and design in support of design for ongoing projects.
- Perform calculations and modeling, assist with developing technical reports, technical exhibits and design drawings.
- Have project experience with providing engineering design services for traditional municipal, site work, and roadway design projects.
- Develop design plans, design variations and expectations, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
- Possess strong a verbal, written, presentation and excellent client management skills
- Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections (super-elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
- Goal oriented, quality focused, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field (ABET Accredited)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- The candidate will aid in plan production, specifications, estimate and drainage design development for final design projects
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Civil3D;
- 1-4 years Transportation Design experience required
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and support project efforts
EMPLOYER: Arkansas State University-Beebe
JOB TITLE: Career Coach
JOB DUTIES: The position of Career Coach will be responsible for providing middle/high school students with information about career opportunities in Arkansas and the level of education and skills required in order to be successful in various career fields and encourage individuals to learn about, prepare for, and finance a postsecondary education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing early outreach to low-income students and their parents with information about the importance of postsecondary education, as well as accurate information on how to prepare, apply, and pay for it.
- Providing interest inventories and skills assessments to assist individuals in making informed career decisions.
- Facilitating the development of individual career plans and portfolios.
- Assisting students with enrolling in education or training programs.
- Providing information on careers, career pathways, and educational requirements.
- Providing opportunities for job shadowing, mentoring, internships, visits to business and industry, and other career awareness activities.
- Providing or connecting low-income students to support services that will ease the transition to postsecondary education.
- Connecting educationally disadvantaged youth and adults to “bridge programs” that teach basic academic skills in the context of training for advancement to better jobs and postsecondary education.
- Connecting students to academic enrichment activities such as study groups, tutoring, and workshops on study skills.
- Connecting high school students to early college programs, Advanced Placement classes, and academic and career and technical education (CTE) and concurrent-credit enrollment.
- Providing a continuum of career guidance to ease the transition of students from middle school to high school to postsecondary education or training and ultimately to the workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, certifications, education):
Minimum Requirements of a Bachelor’s degree and either be CDF (Career Development Facilitator) certified or commit to obtaining the CDF credential within a year after the hire date.
LOCATION: Heber Springs Campus
ABOUT THE COMPANY: ASU-Beebe is a public two-year college with its main campus located in Beebe, Arkansas on the 67/167 corridor approximately 35 miles north of the state’s capitol of Little Rock.