MAUMELLE, Ark. – Police have released a report on a sexual misconduct investigation that led to the firing last month of the girls basketball coach at Academics Plus Charter High School.
The 32-year-old man was not charged by police.
The Maumelle Police Department report we obtained on Wednesday states that the investigation into allegations dating back to 2016 began on July 19 and ended with the coach’s firing on July 25.
The allegations included:
- Sexually suggestive dialogue and music
- Inappropriate actions
- Girls on the team allowed to change their clothes on the bus while going to and from games
- The coach changed his clothes behind a curtain in the team’s locker room shower while the girls were in the room
- He reportedly said to the girls “Guys are stronger because they can masturbate”
- It was also implied that the coach told the girls how many women he had sex with
The MPD report notes that school administrators told them there were numerous complaints made against the coach by the parents of the girls.
A school administrator interviewed the coach on July 24 about the allegations and told police they were “reporting this investigation to the Maumelle Police Department for reporting purposes only,” as well as to the Child Abuse Hotline.
NOTE: This story does not include the coach’s name because he was not charged with a crime.