MIAMI (KDVR) — The Miami Marlins home opener scheduled for Monday night against the Baltimore Orioles has been canceled due to an alleged COVID-19 outbreak within the team, according to ESPN.
According to ESPN’s Jeff Passan, eight more players and two coaches with the Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total of cases in recent days to at least 14.
Ken Rosenthal with The Athletic said, “Two infectious disease experts say the positive results fit the definition of “a clear outbreak” with the club”, according to a tweet on Monday.
- Sunday Evening Forecast Update
- LRSD moves forward with in-person classes, teachers union switches to virtual
- Missed kicks, penalties cost Cowboys
- Man’s body recovered from Lake Dardanelle
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017