GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — The University of Wisconsin-Madison confirms that a group of spring breakers who visited Gulf Shores has tested positive for COVID-19.
Marc Levicott with University of Wisconsin-Madison Police tells WKRG News 5 that the students started their spring break in Nashville, Tennessee on March 13, then moved their trip down to Gulf Shores on March 16.
When they returned home, multiple students developed symptoms and tested positive for COVID-19.
Most of the students were members of fraternities and sororities. Now the university is asking all students who traveled for Spring Break to self-quarantine for 14 days.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES:
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Job Alert for the week of May 28
- Arkansans working on the Frontlines of COVID-19
- Thursday Evening Weather Update
- Arkansans react to the state seeing its highest increase in COVID-19 cases