GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — The University of Wisconsin-Madison confirms that a group of spring breakers who visited Gulf Shores has tested positive for COVID-19.
Marc Levicott with University of Wisconsin-Madison Police tells WKRG News 5 that the students started their spring break in Nashville, Tennessee on March 13, then moved their trip down to Gulf Shores on March 16.
When they returned home, multiple students developed symptoms and tested positive for COVID-19.
Most of the students were members of fraternities and sororities. Now the university is asking all students who traveled for Spring Break to self-quarantine for 14 days.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES:
- UA recruiting notebook: Virtual meeting with Top 60 California hooper, portal news, 2022 updates
- Little Rock City Board meeting, plans to tackle the 2021 budget
- Conway woman injured in early morning shooting
- Tuesday Evening Weather Update
- More than 700 Angels waiting to be adopted as part of Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Program