RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. – A manufacturing company is cleaning up Friday after a big fire temporality halted operations.
It happened at Hackney Ladish in Russellville Thursday night.
A video shows flames shooting out of the roof of the Hackney Ladish plant Thursday evening in Russellville.
“Fire crews were put into action immediately. They went into the building and they had to get on the roof and they extinguished the fire,” Russellville Fire Marshall Richard Setian said.
Setian says the call came in a little after 8:00. Luckily, no one was injured even though people were working inside when it sparked. They believe equipment malfunction is what started it.
Charles Cowan says he heard about the fire after his friend texted him that he was there when the fire started.
“A friend of mine works there and he said it will be shut down for a while,” Cowan said. “[My friend] was right there. He was getting off when it happened. He said something blew up at the job right in front of me.”
Luckily, there weren’t any injuries, despite the large flames fire crews says the building wasn’t a total loss.
“We didn’t have as much property loss as we anticipated,” said Setian.
We did reach out the Hackney Ladish and have yet to hear back.
We don’t know how long it will take to clean up the plant.