LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The 22nd Annual Big BOO!-seum Bash, Main Street Food Truck Fridays, 7th Annual World Cheese Dip Championship and much more headline the AY Weekend Planner for Oct. 26-29
22nd Annual Big BOO!-seum Bash
Who: Big Boo!-seum Bash sponsored by Little Rock and North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureaus & Target Printing & Office Centre.
What: A free, family-friendly event that provides people the opportunity to visit many of Little Rock’s museums and cultural attractions for a night of safe trick-or-treating and family fun and games.
When: Thursday 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Participating museums in Little Rock and North Little Rock:
- Arkansas Arts Center – 501 E 9th St.
- Historic Arkansas Museum – 200 E 3rd St
- Little Rock Visitor Center at Historic Curran Hall – 615 E Capitol Ave
- MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History – 503 E 9th St
- Wildwood Park for the Arts will participate on-site
- Mosaic Templars Cultural Center – 9th St and Broadway
- Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site will participate on-site
- Museum of Discovery – 500 President Clinton Ave
- Central Arkansas Library System will participate on-site
- NORTH LITTLE ROCK: North Little Rock Heritage Center – 506 Main St.,
- Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum will participate on-site
- Old State House Museum – 300 W Markham St
- Arkansas Secretary of State will participate on site
- Witt Stephens Jr. Central Arkansas Nature Center – 602 President Clinton Ave
How: Game cards will be provided at each participating Boo!-seum location. Cards must be stamped at each attended location to be eligible for prize drawings.
Main Street Food Truck Fridays
Who: Downtown Little Rock Partnership
What: Each Friday, a convoy of food trucks dish up some of the city’s best meals on wheels. The lineup rotates each week, so drop by to discover the delicious dishes these food trucks bring to the table.
When: Between 10:45 am and 1:30 pm
Where: The Corner of Capitol and Main, 422 South Main Street, Little Rock
7th Annual World Cheese Dip Championship
Who: World Cheese Dip Championship
What: Entry fee includes chips provided by On The Border and Cheese Dip Samples from our contestants. Water, soft drinks, beer, ritas, sno cones and hot dogs will be for sale and will benefit Harmony Health Clinic.
When: Saturday at 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Clinton Presidential Center, 1200 President Clinton Ave, Little Rock
How: Tickets will be $15 at the gate and children 10 & Under are free. Military Veterans, Active Military, Law Enforcement & EMT $8 with ID.
Arkansas Black Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Celebration
Who: Governor Asa Hutchinson and Clarence James (C.J.) Duvall Jr., a philanthropist and former 25-year corporate executive are honorary co-chairs of this year’s event.
What: This year, the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame is celebrating its silver anniversary with a black-tie variety show.
In the style of the Kennedy Center Honors, the show is a blend of performances and appearances from renowned past inductees such as jazz saxophonist Pharoah Sanders, music producer Morris Hayes and poet Haki Madhubuti.
When: Saturday from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Where: Robinson Center at 426 West Markham Street in Little Rock
BrickUniverse – Lego Fan Expo
Who: The first-ever Lego fan convention to come to Arkansas.
What: Professional LEGO artist Jonathan Lopes will be coming from San Diego to showcase over 30 of his select LEGO displays including an 8-foot high LEGO Model of New York City’s Woolworth Building. He will be in attendance all weekend to talk to attendees about his life as a professional LEGO artist. Additionally, Chicago-based LEGO artist Rocco Buttliere will be bringing over 50 massive LEGO models of famous landmarks from around the world.
When: Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: Statehouse Convention Center, 101 East Markham Street, Little Rock
• LEGO Friends Building Area: tons of LEGO Friends bricks to built with
• Big Brick Building: younger visitors can explore imagination through building with larger LEGO Duplo bricks
• LEGO Retail: purchase LEGO merchandise and goodies
• Star Wars Zone: build spaceships and more with thousands of LEGO STAR WARS themed bricks
• The Building Zone: thousands of bricks laid out for attendees to build with
For complete weekend planner details, visit AYmag.com.