LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -The Central Arkansas Salvation Army is kicking off their Red Kettle and Angel Tree Campaign Wednesday.
With a fundraising goal of $250,000 this year, they are well on their way to living up to their motto of “Doing the Most Good.”
The Red Kettle Campaign is the Salvation Army’s largest yearly fundraiser, and proceeds are used to fund year-round projects like emergency shelter, food pantries and youth programs.
The Angel Tree Program is one of their largest youth programs and provides Christmas gifts for children whose families can’t afford to buy them.
This year 2,300 children have signed up, and if there aren’t enough volunteers to provide gifts, the Red Kettle Campaign will step in and make sure that every kid that signed up will receive a gift on Christmas morning.
There are several physical Angel Tree locations:
- Gwatney Buick GMC – North Little Rock
- McCain Mall, across from JC Penny – North Little Rock
- Park Plaza Mall, in front of the Dillard’s- Little Rock
- All First Electric Corp locations
- The Salvation Army building at 1111 W Markham St.
- River Center Benton Community Center – Benton
- Searcy Public Library – Searcy
- Everett GMC – Bryant
Online adoptions for the Angel Tree program can be found at SalvationArmyCAAC.org.