Little Rock, Ark. (News Release) – CADC is offering free tax assistance to residents in Pulaski County.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) service provides electronic filing of federal and state tax returns.
Tax returns are prepared by IRS-certified volunteers. Most customers will receive their refund within 10 days for federal and within a week for state returns.
- City of Jacksonville, 109 South 2nd Street. Call 501-982-0026 for appointment.
- Arkansas Workforce Center of Little Rock, 5401 S. University (Opens February 4th). Call 501-320-1908 for appointment.
- Dee Brown Library, 6325 Baseline Road in Little Rock. Walk-ns welcome on Saturday, April 16, 10 am – 2 pm.
- Promiseland Ministries, 4520 S. University in Little Rock. Walk-ins welcome on Saturdays, 10 am until 2 pm. Call for appointment 501-681-7979.
- North Little Rock Community Center, 2700 Willow Street. Walk-ins welcome on Thursdays, 9 am until 1 pm.
Free File Online
Persons making under $64,000 may also self-prepare their taxes at http://myfreetaxes.com.
Low to moderate income working families may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), a refundable federal credit.
The IRS estimates one-fourth of eligible people could miss out on the EITC because they don’t know about it, don’t know that they qualify, or don’t know where to find free tax filing assistance.
CADC’s certified volunteer tax preparers work one-on-one with taxpayers to ensure they receive the tax credits for which they qualify. Sites also provide information on financial education, MyRA, a federal retirement savings program, and US Savings Bonds.
Customers can split refunds into multiple accounts, or if they don’t hold a bank account, can receive their refund on a debit card.
Persons utilizing the sites should bring their family’s Social Security Cards, picture ID, W-2/1099s, insurance information, a copy of last year’s return, bank account information for direct deposit or splitting a refund to several accounts, and any other pertinent information.