PINE BLUFF, Ark.- One person is dead, two paramedics injured after a shooting Thursday morning in Pine Bluff.
Officers were dispatched to the 1400 block of West 23rd Avenue at 4:30 a.m. and discovered the two paramedics suffering from gunshot wounds.
According to Pine Bluff investigators a third individual, 22-year-old Kevin Curl Jr., was pronounced dead at the scene. Both paramedics were taken to a local hospital to be treated for their injuries.
Police say the paramedics arrived at a residence responding to a medical emergency about a woman who had hurt her knee. The report then says while attending to the woman, Curl approached paramedics and began an argument, which led to Curl shooting the paramedics.
The report then states that a paramedic returned gunfire, striking Curl. Curl reportedly then ran inside a house where he was found dead from his injuries.
Detectives are still in the early stages of the investigation and will be releasing more information as details become available.
- Fans react to Bryant Coach Buck James moving to Conway
- UA Little Rock gears up for cyberattacks with $1 million grant
- Ralph Yarl, teen shot after knocking on Kansas City door, walks at brain injury event
- Baby dies in hot car as parents attend church in Florida: Police
- New video shows wild shootout between driver and passenger on North Carolina bus