LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – LRPD investigating a shooting that happened late Thursday night with investigators working into the morning at the Mapco at 8800 block Kanis Road with one person confirmed dead.
According to investigators the shooting happened just after 11 p.m. When officers arrived they discovered a 59-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound and several vehicles struck by gunfire. They also found several shell casings in the parking lot.
One block away they found 23-year-old Jacob Robinson also suffering from a gunshot wound.
Robinson and the other victim were both transported to a nearby hospital, but Robinson succumbed to his injuries. The other victim is currently listed in critical condition.
Within the parameter of the crime scene, there were 6 vehicles, with 5 of those vehicles riddled with bullet holes.
The investigation is ongoing.
- LIVE: Pig Trail Nation Gameday Show against Georgia Southern
- Police ready for rally supporting Jan. 6 rioters, prepared to call in National Guard
- ‘Brian is not missing, he’s hiding’: Search continues for fiancé of Gabby Petito
- Arkansas Lottery jackpot nears a combined $1 Billion this weekend
- Arkansas linemen find second home in small Mississippi town hit by Hurricane Ida