LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – LRPD investigating a shooting that happened late Thursday night with investigators working into the morning at the Mapco at 8800 block Kanis Road with one person confirmed dead.
According to investigators the shooting happened just after 11 p.m. When officers arrived they discovered a 59-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound and several vehicles struck by gunfire. They also found several shell casings in the parking lot.
One block away they found 23-year-old Jacob Robinson also suffering from a gunshot wound.
Robinson and the other victim were both transported to a nearby hospital, but Robinson succumbed to his injuries. The other victim is currently listed in critical condition.
Within the parameter of the crime scene, there were 6 vehicles, with 5 of those vehicles riddled with bullet holes.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Arkansas Storm Team Forecast: Mostly sunny, but not as hot Friday afternoon
- Grassley a ‘no’ on Graham’s 15-week abortion ban
- Fifteen new wildlife officers join AGFC enforcement efforts
- Pink diamond sells for $49.9M, breaks world record
- Great and colorful fall season drives in Arkansas, go near, go far